The Treasurer is the official point of contact for all financial matters and one of the authorised signatories on all financial documents.
The Treasurer is responsible for:
- Maintaining the accounts system.
- Preparing and presenting financial reports for general meetings
- Preparing and presenting financial annual reports for AGM.
- Preparing and submitting a Business Activity Statement each quarter to the ATO and makes payment when required.
- Preparing financial reports for submission to Dept of Fair Trading.
- Arranging a financial audit as required.
- Banking money and cheques received.
- Processing credit card payments received.
- Transferring money from Paypal account.
- Maintaining and transferring money between bank accounts as required.
- Payment of invoices as required by due dates.
- Payment of fees owing to HAI Global as required.
- Issuing participant receipts as required.
- Monitoring financial currency rates and recommending to committee when best opportunity to make international transfers.
- Preparing workshop budgets and submitting profit/loss statements after each workshop series.
- Making recommendations to committee on areas relating to financial and process benefits.
- Issuing workshop refunds and expense reimbursements.
- Notifying the secretary of SPACE membership payment received.
- Notifying event Producers of participant/team payment received.
- Notify Database Manager of any funds being help for a participant for future workshop.