Dr. Stan Dale - 1929 - 2007
On Friday evening 8th June 2007, Stan Dale, the founder of HAI, passed away. His health had been compromised by cancer for some time, and his family was lovingly present with him at his time of death.
Many people were directly touched by his life, and many more came to know his wisdom around Love, Intimacy and Sexuality via the HAI workshops that he founded and continued to direct until his health prevented that ongoing mission. His legacy remains. HAI workshops continue to bring about deeply profound change for the better, in people's lives. We are saddened by his passing. Our heartfelt supportive wishes go out to his family and close
SPACE would not have come into existence without HAI, and thus without the work of Stan. We are indebted to his loving sagacity and potent creativity. We trust that in some small or large way SPACE will continue to play a part in ensuring that the work he began continues to grow and thrive here in Australia.
We express our loving gratitude, as his family and friends do, at this time.
His wife Janet Dale tells us that Stan died peacefully, that she feels supported and loved and cared for in her time of grief by her family and the facilitators of HAI and her friends. She also writes that "HAI is still alive and well and will continue to flourish as Stan wished."
"The flame of his love will burn eternally in the thousands upon thousands of people's hearts who have been touched, either by Stan directly or by the beautiful workshops that he founded and are now part of his legacy."
SPACE website team, 11 June, 2007
Read: Stan Dale Tributes
- Stan Dale - sfgate.com
Some Stan Dale quotes
- Comfort zones are plush lined coffins. When you stay in your plush lined coffins, you die.
- I know you, you're just like me.
- It all changed when I realized I'm not the only one on the planet who's scared. Everyone else is, too.
- When we lie, we destroy relationships - both the one we have with ourselves and those we have with others. The only true foundation a relationship can be built on is trust. So many relationships are falling apart because trust - if it was ever there - is being eroded.
- I have always been the opposite of paranoid. I operate as if everyone is part of a plot to enhance my well-being.
Some Links to the work of Stan Dale