The Public Officer is the official point of contact for an incorporated association and one of the authorised signatories.
The Public Officer is responsible for:
- Notifying NSW Fair Trading of any change in the association’s official address within 28 days.
- Collecting all association documents from former committee members and delivering the documents to the new committee member.
- Returning all association documents to a committee member within 14 days, upon vacating office.
- Lodging an annual summary of financial affairs, with the prescribed fee, within 1 month of the association's annual general meeting.
- Acting as the official contact for the association, including taking delivery of documents served on the association and bringing them to the attention of the committee as soon as possible.
- Custody of any documents as required by the constitution.